Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mid-Session Check-In

Laura,

Here are my answers to the questions for the Midsession Check-in Blog.

1. What has been your biggest challenge in this class so far? My biggest challenge so far, was setting up the blog. I have never done anything like that before, so it was incredibly challenging. Also, I don’t really like seeing myself on video. I am often told that I speak really softly, so sometimes it’s hard for people to understand me.
2. What has been your biggest success? Not sure about this one. I guess, maybe the fact that I completed the blog. But I still sometimes have issues with getting the pictures to post or the links.
3. How have the readings in the class affected you? It has just made me think about war and how it affects us all. How our soldiers go through so much so that we can live safely in our country every day. I feel for them and their families as it is really taxing on all involved. I think we should do more for them when they return home. I also think we should do more for the families while their loved ones are away defending our country. I loved the poetry. I often don’t have time to read for pleasure, so the poetry was really nice!
4. How is literary analysis different from other types of writing you have done in college? This is my first time attempting literary analysis, so I’m not sure how well I’m doing. I know that when I write creatively I do well, but I’m still not sure if I am really analyzing or summarizing or just giving my opinion of what is written.
5. What are your goals for the second half of the session? My goal is to do well in this class. I hope to complete all remaining assignments in a timely manner and that they are in the proper format and context of what is required.
6. What do you hope to improve or accomplish? I hope that my writing skills get stronger.
Sincerely,
Kathy Bickham

No comments:

Post a Comment